View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 12:55 AM   #1677
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

For turning-out defencemen for the Flames, I think Playfair has been the very best AHL coach in that regard. IIRC, Giordano, Brodie (mostly - with Ward finishing him off) and Pardy (I know, I know..) were from his time. Whom else?

I hope that Huska can pull that off. He is definitely starting with a heck of a lot more considering draft placement anyways.

I also quite liked Ward. To be honest, I haven't noticed a change either way - good or bad - since Ward got replaced with Huska. Replacement level prospects haven't seemed to be any better nor any worse prepared, but obviously the organization feels Huska is doing a good job. Lots of turnover in the AHL if I remember, and there are always a few 'up and coming' coaches from the College and Junior ranks. Flames feel strongly enough that Huska is the right guy, and I am good with that. There haven't been many guys that came up through the NHL and managed to stick, but this season should start seeing some of them spending more time in the NHL.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote