View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #6494
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Ya, winning the lotto to get Mcdavid took skill . No way. Mcdavid drew the FAs and college signings in. Even MacT could have put this team together. Chiarelli was just lucky at the right time.

If Mcdiavid doesn't fall into their lap his job doesn't become so easy.

I don't think they would have traded Hall and Fa's would still be very weary to sign so readily.
i agree with this...

Maybe Chia is decent; as someone else said, hard to be any worse than the previous management team.

I mean just look at McDavid's first year... doing respectable for the 45 games he was in... he gets injured and boom, Oilers are a lottery team... Again?! I mean that's just an awful organization. They finished worse than Calgary that had one of the worst goalie tandems in the NHL...

Maybe Draistl has developed to a point they'd be able to bail water if McDavid is out, but all you have to do is look at the % of goals that McDavid is a part of to realize he's is disproportionately driving that offense and consequently that team's success.

So far, it seems like Chia's claim to fame is joining a team with a generational talent on it...

i'll wait and see what happens with the cap issues looming before making any judgement on Chia