View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #449
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ffs. It's just pizza.

Unless you truly believe people will go to a Pizza business's facebook page to be informed on vaccinations and how to take care of themselves, then don't be so sensitive towards an opposing opinion, even if on a controversial topic. He's of little consequence to the greater picture and doesn't realistically have enough influence that you should be afraid to feel like by using a business you're also supporting a cause. He'll tell people that stuff whether you do or don't. So do other business owners that you probably go to regularly, they just go about different channels.

Some people don't know the etiquette of how to use social media, or what it's even for. I know this because I help business people who don't. And I know friends that use their facebook like an online journal, but at the end of the day there's no rulebook telling them what they can or can't do with it. You can't control how people decide to use those online tools and it's amusing when people think that ceasing to give their business is going to silence opposing thoughts or like it's protecting others from an opinion that's dangerous, as you so put it. But that doesn't make that true either, it's just your (albeit firm) opinion. You can't control what other people think and wish to promote though. So instead of trying to silence them (when you can't), maybe challenge them on it vocally if you feel so strongly opposed to what they're doing? I mean, wouldn't that be more effective? Maybe you'd make them reconsider how they're going about it that way or even how they feel about it.

It's up to you, but if you're putting a wall between yourself and people for these reasons then you're still being a bigot. The same as someone who won't hire someone based on their religion/views because they don't like/agree with it, or won't go to their business. It doesn't matter how you justify it, you're still doing it because you're acting out of fear or hatred over the fact that they think or believe different things to you, rather than actively challenging them on it. I guess it's just the easier route to shut those people out entirely and make your bubble contain one less person that thinks differently from you. This is just all that crap Clinton and Obama were going on about.

I mean hey.. if they're 'uneducated', as you so put it, maybe do the people one better, and help educate them?

From what I've witnessed the onsite staff are pretty grounded and polite individuals and they've never tried to tell me anything or put any pamphlets into my hand in the many years I've been ordering from there. Nope, they're just serving up good pizzas and making a living. So getting me and all my friends and family not going into the place that pays their bills I'm sure will show them too, right?

Ah, whatever.

Last edited by djsFlames; 08-14-2017 at 12:45 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote