View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #37
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
Nitpick correction. Gotham is usually believed to be located in New Jersey and Metropolis in Illinois. The Snyder verse was the first time in an recall that they were in anyway close in proximity.
I disagree. It's never been confirmed what the real life counterparts are, but...

Metropolis has waivered between Delaware and NY. There is a real city called Metropolis, Illinois, but that is not where the DC Metropolis is. So Metropolis is definitely not in Illinois, but could be in Delaware. Personally, I think the Delaware explanation makes no sense, as there is no city in Delaware that resembles Metropolis, and it doesn't make sense for Delaware to be so central to events that are occurring all around the world.

The distance between Gotham and Metropolis also changes from being a moderate drive to being the same city. Some artists have treated Gotham like NYC at night, and Metropolis as NYC in the day. But yea, I'd buy the NJ location of Gotham. The only problem with that is that there are no cities in NJ that resemble the large amount of skyscraper featured in Gotham.

EDIT: I do think that it would make sense for Gotham to be a Chicago like city in Illinois though, but the comics have never stated that is where Gotham is. However, there is an actual Chicago in the DCU.

Last edited by blankall; 06-16-2017 at 04:48 PM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote