View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 04:31 AM   #27
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something that stood out to me was when the junkie kid's roommate started to die in the hospital, the doctor asks how long he has been coding. The nurse says it's been about 30 seconds and the doctor replies that if it goes to 60, the man has to go downstairs. They try shocking him twice, and when there's no response, the doctor is adamant that the man has to go "downstairs, now", and they wheel him out of the room immediately.

All I know of hospital procedures is what I've seen on other shows, but I don't think they would normally start moving someone who is in the middle of a cardiac arrest like that if they hadn't already been dealing with numerous patients turning immediately after dying.

Presumably, it will take people a while to figure out that you need to take out the brain in order to stop the dead. Wherever "downstairs" is, it's probably not a place anyone would want to be. It reminds me of the first episode of the original series when Rick walks past the door in the hospital that is locked shut with "DEAD INSIDE" painted on the outside.