View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #25
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
I thought they handled the initial outbreak fairly well considering it's not realistic in the first place. A zombie outbreak would be quickly squashed in real life unless millions of people suddenly became zombies all at once. One by one though, nope, I don't buy it. Not that I let that get to me, it's a freaking zombie show after all.
I could see two ways in TWD universe that the outbreak could happen; given the "slow" turn rate of minutes to hours:

- In the episode where Rick liberated the prisoners who were stuck inside the cafeteria; he made mention that the virus wiped out half the population. It is possible that a significant number of people staying home were because they had the "zombie flu." Or somebody in their house had it, and they were stating home with that person. So confined to their houses, you could have half the population turning all at once.

- The other possibility is that given the large amount of "food" available, maybe the zombies haven't needed to start walking around yet. In the premiere there were lots of scenes where in the background somebody was being chewed on. Get a bunch of those people to turn, and you could have your mass number of zombies right off the bat as well.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote