View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:
Default Inappropriate Advertising

In the past I have typically logged into CP once or twice a day at the office to see if anything is new. Its better than checking Flames news via TSN or the other crappy sites.

In the last month or so, and on the right side advertising panel, whether at home or work, the panel displays scantily clad women and inviting you to some dating site. Usually latin but sometimes russian, although the race/culture doesn't matter.

This is whether or not I'm logged in via a private VPN, with or without my username, behind a firewall, scrubbed cookies, from a separate internet line, or otherwise. I'm quite sure neither I nor anyone in my household is entering keywords to search for ladies which leads to these advertisements.

In other words, it seems to be part of the CP advertising revenue stream.

This site banned the "hot women" thread, and that's probably a good thing, but its also not acceptable to have those kinds of ads on the site. If there's a standard, stick to it even if it means revenue. Its even worse the images are displayed via involuntary ads, because at least in the "hot women" thread you had to click to get the pictures. It seems they are showing up on CP just for the revenue.

I recognize I might be exposing myself to allegations of me or someone in my household searching things which lead to these ads, however, I'm quite sure neither I, my wife, nor our three year old are. And via even independent viewings from other computers, these ads are displayed.

Can this be corrected? Is it intentional?

Last edited by Kjesse; 04-12-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote