View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof View Post
I'm a little unsure of the current placement of the vehicles. So the towtruck was originally parked on your driveway, but is now long gone, right? Now there is a broken-down truck in your neighbour's driveway, and also a van with a flat tire that is parked on the street?

If that is the case, I would think your only complaint to bylaw would be about the van since it is on the public street and is not in operating condition.
Yes, the tow truck was parked on my property but is long gone. My point of adding that to my explanation was to show his disregard for my property.

As of right now there is a broken down truck in their driveway and behind that truck is a gigantic snow plow shovel (required a tow truck to place it there) and then there's a van parked on the road with a flat passengers side tire. The van is insured till August.

According to the Good Neighbour Guide (http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/bu/...bour_guide.pdf Page 11) "Dilapidated vehicles are prohibited anywhere on private property unless housed inside a building (Land Use Bylaw 1P2007)."

I would consider a truck without a hood, fender/bumper, flat rear driver side tire, with dresser drawers inside the cabin, and on a jack as being dilapidated.

My concern is that it seems like the neighbour is going out of his way to put things behind truck. It seems like it'll never be moved by him at least.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote