View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #1301
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Yea, I know. But just once I'd love to see this show tie everything up and start the following season with a fresh story line. I don't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming up after Negan. But I'd like to see them come up with a more interesting angle for SSN 8, instead of the standard "Rick and the gang meet a new group/villain and end up in a war" plot. This show needs a serious injection of creativity if they want to keep people watching. I'd like to see them explore more of the bigger cities, which they haven't done since SSN 5. Or maybe they could get back to looking at the cause of the initial outbreak and the search for a cure, etc... There must be more of those government labs sprinkled throughout the country where scientists and military people were investigating the outbreak. More of that stuff would be cool I think. But I'm not a TV writer, so what do I know?

I wonder if they've ever thought of shortening the seasons? Maybe doing something like 12 episodes instead of 16 would force the writers to sharpen their focus a bit more, trim the fat, and really get to the meat of the narrative.
You're like the Umpteenth Millionth person to say the exact same thing.

And while I dont disagree with you, petty despots in compounds seems like it would eventually become the going-concern in post-apocalyptic Zombie-America.

Hell...petty despots in compounds is damned near a going concern in Modern-Day America.

One of things that I think we can all agree on is that when you look at a show like Game of Thrones, its got an ending. There will be a resolution one way or another.

They are going to tell their story and they are going to stop when they're finished.

TWD though? Thats a network show that is a license to print money. You better believe they're going to try and keep that Gravy Train running until they cant stop it from pulling in to the end of the line.

And I'm inclined to let them.

My AMC subscription isnt exclusive because of TWD, I dont have a dog in this fight. If the show jumps the shark then I'll stop watching. In the meantime its fairly harmless fun. Its not 'high-art' or anything, its just fun.

I do think they could be doing better, I think the show has stagnated somewhat, but I also remember that its done that in the past as well and then something different and new happens.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: