Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #959
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hadn't played since October, as the Vancouver weather was terrible for golf. A few weeks ago I went out on the range, and I snapped my 7 iron, right at the hosel. The head flew further than the ball. I thought it was weird, but had the pro shop send it back for repairs. Then, a week later, I was at the range again. This time I snapped my 6 iron, the same way my 7 iron broke. When we looked at the shaft, the inside was all rusted. They likely were wet when they went into storage, and rusted out. I am guessing the rest of the irons aren't far behind, and will break soon.

So I am in the market for a new set of irons. As I'm a member at a club, they have a bunch of demo sets I can try out. I started by hitting the 7 iron on each of them. I immediately ruled out the Ping i200 set. It felt awful. I like two different sets of Callaways and one Titleist. After playing a couple rounds with each I really like the Titleist AP2 irons. Unfortunately they are the most expensive, but I hit them the best, they feel great, and I shot a couple good rounds on different days. I'll be getting the 4-GW set, with stiff, steel shafts. Since the pro shop doesn't have much flexibility in the price, I'm hoping they'd like to throw in a lesson or two, along with the fitting.

Normally I'd wait until the end of the season, or for a sale, but since I don't have any clubs, I need to purchase something now if I want to play golf. I'm really excited about the new irons. I think they'll help my game. They are about $500 more than I thought I'd spend, but $500 over 10 years isn't much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote