View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't worry too too much about it HighLifeMan.

I can actually see Walter and Reinhart fighting for that #1C spot. Ferland is a prime candidate to start on the fourth line just because of his physical makeup and ability to destroy people's faces haha. I think Howse will be in the lineup, but will need strong showing at Heat training camp to get into the top 6. Horak will be a go-to center on the Heat, but competition for earning a center spot will be very tough with there being 5 if not 6 centers.

I tend to agree with you though about giving players like Laing a spot in the lineup over a younger player. However, there will be an adjustment period for the first-time pros and that's where a guy like Laing really comes in handy because he can fill almost any forward role.

One thing's for sure: the Flames and Heat training camps are going to be war to see who gets what spots. This is actually one of the most competitive camps for both teams I've seen in a few years. Of course, this is assuming Feaster doesn't make any more trades or moves like we saw today with Clay Wilson.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote