View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 AM   #15
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sveningsson again for me. I do think he has the highest skill level and can be a top 6 player in the NHL.

Fischer is a good pick too that I can't complain about. Any time you have a guy with really soft hands and that drive to get to the net with that kind of a presence, you get a guy that can really help form a line. These can turn into those playoff-heroes that fight through everything and seem to leave their blood all-over the ice, but help you win it.

Actually, are there any really poor prospects that you feel the Flames should be cutting bait with? I don't see one. Carrol has been a bit disappointing, but he has the ability to become a player much like Ferland is. Carrol, Smith, Fischer - not just 3 players with truculence, but 3 players with both skill and truculence.

Something tells me that Schneider shouldn't be down so low. I really like him as a goalie (in fact, I like him more than MacDonald). I think him getting sick last year and coming back underweight had a lot more to do with his season than his ability. He is Parsons-lite to me in his ability to battle for 2nd and 3rd chances and track the puck.

I don't know.. there seems to be some definite skill and potential left. I don't see anyone that I can point at and say: "he for SURE will never make the show". Pollock is probably last on my list, but even he has some potential. I feel like any one of these guys here can have a really solid summer's worth of training, enter camp a bit more confident and really turn some heads.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote