View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 11:09 AM   #42
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Hmm ok. That situation I can see it. That's fair. You paid the premium for portability and you use the hell out of that feature. Your requirements are kinda unique though.

I've never met a student who truly needed both. It was either ultra portable or gaming. Work is ultra portable or work horse, rarely need both.

I mean, I get it. I used to travel around with a 17" work horse, usb screen, printed income tax act, printed materials etc. It was heavy and sucked in security at the airport. I swapped the 17" for a 14" i5 lenovo X1 that I paid $1100 and was quite happy with the decrease in bulk. I am the power user type so can use an ultra portable work horse to most of its potential, but I honestly can get by without it.

With so many people seemingly owning them, I just find it hard to believe there's so many people whose minimum requirements require a $1500+ laptop.
I can't imagine a 17" machine being a "need" for a student.

For a professional though, especially one with (dare I say it?) elderly eyes...it's not just a treat, but a need. The screen is outstanding on the LG. And I can easily manage large Excel sheets, even if I need to split the screen with tax and accounting software at the same time. Oh - and the (essentially) full deductibility of the expense doesn't hurt.
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taxbuster For This Useful Post: