View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #18
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Personally I don't think it ought to last any longer then Trelivings tenure but the nature of the beast says that it will. We're basically looking at 5 years minimum.

I think everyone is aware that we're going to be bad this upcoming year, hopefully take a baby step forward the year after, then a bigger step the year thereafter, and then hopefully be back in the picture for a playoff spot the year after that. That's four years... if the Flames are still languishing in the basement after four years someone's going to be held to account... Burke will blame Treliving and dump him and probably follow him a year later barring a miracle turnaround.

That's the minimum. The more likely answer is 10 years... any number of thing could lead to a changing of the guard after 10. The Flames being on the verge of another rebuild and Burke not wanting to go through the process again and retiring, wanting to retain front office talent and moving Burke to a consulting role to accomadate promotions, team failing and wanting fresh blood at the top. etc. etc.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote