View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #21
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
They are without a doubt one of the best pairings in hockey. Credit to Gio for getting his act together after his early season lull along with Hamilton. Having Brodie and Stone at 3 and 4 is a big plus as well.

This team looks set on defence for years to come if we hopefully re-sign Stone. Only thing we are missing I believe is an upgrade over Bartkowski. He's been ok but would be nice to get someone more reliable and that'll likely have to come from within the system.
There are a lot of good bottom-pairing options available this summer. I'd like Treliving to re-sign Stone, and then sign three more guys to be the 5/6/7s.

Of the available UFAs, these are some pretty attractive potential options:

Michael Del Zotto (5) RHD
Trevor Daley (5) LHD
Paul Postma (5/6) RHD
John-Michael Liles (6) LHD
Chad Ruhwedel (6/7) RHD
Steve Kampfer (7) RHD

More are here: https://capfriendly.com/browse/free-...efense/ufa/asc

I think Giordano-Hamilton are made even better by the awesome depth behind them. Brodie-Stone would be a decent top pair on half of the league's teams. Engelland is a decent #4 at best. Mike Kostka went from being a #6 on a playoff team in Ottawa to a #10/11 here. It's crazy how much depth this team has on D, and the UFA class this summer with go further to strengthen that.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote