View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 02:43 AM   #7
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wrote mine last November, and got my P.Eng in April. So I guess I passed it :P

I would say about 60% of my test questions were "ethics" type questions. So they give you a scenario, and you give them the best course of action. Those were the worst because there were always two answers that were clearly wrong, and two that were very grey.

Then I'd give it 10% on OH&S, 10% patent/copyright/trademarks and about 30% Contract Law.

Read relevant parts of the small purple book with all the case laws and know the gist of them. Try to memorize some definitions. There might be one or two of them on the test, but it's kind of a crap shoot which ones. For instance mine asked me for the definition of "frustration", which I happen to memorize by total chance lol. Just so you know, I personally didn't read the larger textbook at all.

Read those free handouts on patents/copyright/trademarks/ID. They're short and easy enough to understand. Also read that RBC letter they give you.

READ THE CODE OF ETHICS. Memorize that one page with the code on it. Skim the rest.

Read the OH&S stuff. The stupid outline said that there wouldn't be that many on the test regarding it, but there were a few questions on my test.

Hopefully that helps you get started.