View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #17
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pens Draft Review:

3rd ( 11th overall NHL) - Gabe Vilardi - This was a tough pick, lots of choices here and although I did like the two top defensemen in this draft I wanted to go to the forward I liked the best. I read about the potential skating issues with Vilardi, but after watching him in the Memorial Cup and reading the scouting reports I was quite happy to select him even after watching him slide in the NHL draft. I think he will be a good fit with the Kings.

11th (24th overall NHL)- Kristain Vesalainen - Another guy who slipped in the NHL. Vesalainen was kind of all over the rankings but I liked his size and skating and all around game. I think Winnipeg is a good fit for him and hopefully he can find himself on a line with Ehlers or Laine down the road.

16th (20th overall NHL) Robert Thomas - Underrated player with a great all around game. Hopefully he turns out to be another London Knight Gem.

55th Aleksi Heponeimi (40th overall in NHL) -Undersized player but has big offensive upside. Thought he was well worth the gamble in this spot.

59th Ian Mitchell (57th overall in NHL) - We wanted a D here after going with 4 straight forwards. Mitchell was the next guy on my list so was the choice here.

69th Mario Ferraro (49th overall in NHL) - Great skater, offensive upside. Decided to grab another D at this spot.

93rd Lane Zablocki (79th overall in NHL ) - Seemed to have solid upside and a cool name so I grabbed him.

108th Matthew Villalta (72nd overall in NHL) - Seemed like a good time to grab a goalie and Villalta was the next guy on my list

Overall we are pleased although all out 1st rounders slipped somewhat in the NHL all the rest of our picks turned into solid value. I am curious to follow Vilardi and Vesalainen and see how they compare to players drafted ahead of them.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goffie For This Useful Post: