View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
This was a fun draft for me and I feel I got some valuable assets. I went with the “BPA” approach and didn’t focus necessarily on positions as I do lack some top notch prospects. Overall happy with the players I got.

Started off the draft with a trade with the Red Wings. We acquired the 27 and 64 for the 35 and a 2nd next year. The 2nd next year is tough to lose, but I wanted to get into the 1st round because I wanted more higher end prospects.

27th OV pick, we select Nicolas Hague. I’m surprised he dropped this low, he seems to be in the low 20’s in most draft rankings and I think there is a good chance he ends up there in the NHL draft too. He’s got good size, and he had decent numbers stats wise for a guy who’s more of a physical, defensive player. Very happy with this selection.

58th OV pick, we select Ivan Lodnia. He managed to be a very good player on an already stacked Erie team with already drafted players like Strome, Debrincat, Raddysh, Foegele, Cirelli etc etc and he was a versatile player in their lineup who scored the key goal in the OHL playoff victory game. Surprised he fell this far too.

60th OV pick, we select Mackenzie Entwistle. He’s more of a safe pick. He doesn’t have a super high ceiling, but scouts said he’s a very capable bottom 6 guy, and every team needs those. Not the highest stats, but nonetheless I feel a good pick.

64th OV pick, Markus Phillips, a guy who is mid 40s in most rankings, had a very good season on what should be a stacked Owen Sound team next season. Played on the top pairing with Valimaki in the CHL Top Prospects Game, a two way defender, good skater and hockey IQ.

76th OV pick, Stuart Skinner. I wanted to pick up a goalie prospect in this draft and Skinner was near the top of my list. Starting goaltender for the Lethbridge Hurricanes, good size and good lateral movement, however lets in some squeakers here and there. I think he’s got some real good potential.

79th OV pick, Robin Salo, played in the Finnish league this season with men twice his age, considered a solid, well built defenseman. I’ve seen him in the early 2nd and late 3rd rounds in some rankings, but I’m hoping he can develop into a good defenseman and get selected in the 2nd round.

Overall, happy with my selections. No big names, but all players I thought would go higher and all guys who got good shots at making the show. Expecting these guys to go highish in the draft and expecting them to have bigger and better season at their various teams next season!
Hague- 27 CPHL- 34 NHL (VGK)
Lodnia- 58 CPHL- 85 NHL (MIN)
Entwistle- 60 CPHL- 69 NHL (ARI)
Phillips- 64 CPHL- 118 NHL (LA)
Skinner- 76 CPHL- 78 NHL (EDM)
Salo- 79 CPHL- 46 NHL (NYI)

Big jumpers:
Salo
Roughly same spot:
Skinner
Slight droppers:
Hague