View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #380
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Great now the fricken hamster wheel just spun.

When Ezra and Maul combined the holocron's that gave them the vision of the world with twin suns. They were both going to find that world because it offered them hope.

I tend to think that the simplest thing isn't always the right thing. They both know that Kenobi is there. But I can't believe in my mind that Maul is that simple minded.

The man that he wants revenge on sits on the throne. The main who trained him to be a Sith through torture and abuse and enslavement. The man who shed him aside and abandoned him after he lost to Kenobi even though he was still alive and Maul probably believes that his master knew he was alive.

Being abandoned to madness then making a triumphant return and conquering a world. Only for his master to return, cast him out, murder his brother and enslave him again.

Then Maul returns and goes after the ultimate power to in his words destroy the Sith, only to have his replacement ruin those plans.

He's after hope, he might know that Kenobi is on Tatooine, but I have my doubt that his quest is closure by killing Kenobi. "Whats his enemy protecting?", Is it a weapon to be used to enact his final revenge, because when they were linked Ezra talked about hope as well and something being there that could destroy the Sith.

Both men's targets Ezra's and Mauls are exactly the same. To find a weapon to destroy the Sith. Which to me seems almost un-jedi like on Ezra's part.

What happens if Maul gets to Luke. Would he take him. Luke's got to be what 13 or 14 or even 15 by now? Would Maul try to turn him to the dark side of the force? Or would he look at a life of rage and hatred that lead to loss and regret and emptiness?

Maul isn't a Sith anymore, he's an angry and desperate old man lashing out and trying to make his life mean something. He's been a slave his whole life. A slave to Palpatine, a slave to his attachments and the emotions.

I can certainly see Maul being killed and I believe that happens because there's not much story left to tell.

But what if Maul defeats Kenobi but doesn't kill him and see's the hope for the future and lets go of his hate and need for revenge and walks into the sunset.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote