View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #3667
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
My company is going through a merger with a Saskatoon company. Should be interesting to see what happens. There will be a head office in Saskatoon, but the executive will stay in the Calgary office.

The people who are from Saskatoon love it there, but a few of the ones that moved there from elsewhere don't. I view it much the same as you, but at least with Calagry we have NHL, Mountains, Airport that goes somewhere direct, City was nice. Saskatoon has none of that.

Don't get me wrong, I was friends with the kids of transplants from all over in the early 90's. most of them hated it and you could tell their parents did too. Even with all the advantages we had Saskatoon still doesn't. However, the kids stayed in the end. Calgary was just too good.

So who knows maybe Saskatoon is better than I think. Still not an appealing choice.
Saskatoon has a nice river valley and a pretty cool hipster area (Broadway) but beyond that it sucks. I have a rental property there and I'm glad that I haven't had to go out there in about 4 years. They have a lot of decent lakes and boating opportunities around Saskatoon as well.

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 03-30-2017 at 01:31 PM.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote