View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #67
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Elliot Freedman was suggesting the Leafs will need to find one of the 8 teams with copious cap space to take Liles in the next few weeks and that Calgary was likely.

He also suggested that taking Liles and his $3.9M cap hit for this and the next two seasons would be quite a favour resulting in something else of value getting added for Calgary in order to make it work.

This is pretty much how the Flames have positioned themselves, but I guess three years is longer than I envisioned.

Is Liles decent enough to plug a spot for the next few years if the Flames got a 2nd and a solid prospect as well?

$3.8 isn't that bad a contract if he's better than the current bottom pairing for the next 30 months.
Flames do have both their compliance buyouts remaining. If the sweetener is indeed good enough to help out the Leafs, I would assume the Flames give Liles ample time to prove that he isn't too bad for the rest of the contract. If he is, they can buy him out. I would do it for 2nds.

Feaster had to spend a 2nd to get rid of Kotalik who was paid 3. Liles isn't as overpaid as Kotalik, but I don't think a single 2nd would be enough.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote