View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #30
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was good but not great.

Preferred Episode 7 more - but mostly because Rey and Finn were more likable developed Characters IMO. Also think it's easier to invest more time developing the characters when you know you have 3 parts to a movie - and it's not clear that all the main characters will be dead by the end of the movie.

Overall I think calling it a "Star Wars Story" was very fitting because it did feel like a short story. With how the story is paced and directed it's almost like you can imagine this being Leia telling the story of how her team got the death star plans at a future date - wasn't really about the individual characters but how a group of people risked it all for the Rebellion.

You didn't see very much background of the characters outside of what was in the main timeline (just the brief background for Jyn) and really I think the biggest thing here is that it wasn't supposed to be character driven. Probably makes it jarring for a lot of Star Wars fans since those films are usually so focused on the characters making the story.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 12-16-2016 at 09:59 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: