View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #28
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
It's about time this was a thing.
Although the bad review in the OP seems warranted, there are so many cases where people are leaving false bad reviews and really hurting small businesses.
People need to be held more accountable for the things they try to do from behind their keyboard.
This is an interesting side of it, too. The "retaliation review". I got an 'interesting' look at this (and I only say it's interesting because I didn't have to clean up after it...) with the aftermath of the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo.

After that group was banned, hundreds of internet sub-culture warriors 'stormed' the review boards, posting that they could never support a company with such ethics as the CCEE's...and leaving a ton of 1 star reviews (dropping the company's rating from 4.5 to 3 before reviews were shut off/removed - and Facebook reviews can't be removed by the company/page owner, FB itself has to step in) as well as starting arguments and posting all over (since on FB you can reply to a review) any review rated 3 or higher hoping to drag anyone into an argument.

Almost all of the mouth-breathers doing that haven't ever even been close to, much less attended a Calgary Expo event. The majority live in the States, and probably don't even know where Calgary is on a map. But they rushed to the call to arms, as it were.

I can fully understand leaving a bad review if you have been (or feel you have been) personally wronged by a company. But the continued growth of people rushing to slam a company online because someone in 'their group' told them about a bad experience is why I'm taking online reviews more and more with a grain of salt.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote