View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #182
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
I'm afraid paper lunch bags are way too small and flimsy to hold up to 1 week's worth of scooped kitty litter from 2 cats. We're talking about 15-20 lbs of jagged clumps (I scoop weekly for 2 cats).

Here's what I've found so far - Home Depot / Walmart have large "bag to earth" bags - these are lined with some sort of compostable film that makes them waterproof. Size is about 36L. These are about $7 for 5, or $1.40 each. That's too rich for me.

The usual monstrous 80L yard waste bags are about $0.50 cents. These are absolute overkill, but at $0.50 cents I'm better off dollarwise using these as these are the only compostable and weight capable bags out there that come at a price I can live with.

Unless I can find a grocery stores that still offers "paper" and not just plastic...
You can buy paper bags that are larger than lunch bags, but smaller than the grocery store paper bags for about $10 at Costco. I think you get 30 bags for that cost (and I might have the cost wrong). That's why we bought them though; so that the kitty litter can go in the bin.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: