View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #110
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I wonder about those of us who aren't interested in autonomous vehicles. I like cars, and I like driving. I don't even tend to use cruise control. I guess there can't be that many folks who actually like driving, but...I don't think I'd really like autonomous vehicles much at all. I want to drive. I don't want to be driven.
At some point the difference in safety between the user error of manually driven cars and the software error of automated vehicles will be such a huge gap that manually driven cars will just be outlawed. Think about the sheer number of people who die in traffic accidents, if auto-driving cars can reduce that by 90% (which isn't unrealistic) then you'd be worse than a drunk driver for selfishly insisting on driving yourself just because you enjoy it. Driving for fun will be relegated to tracks.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: