View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #48
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Sounds like things are starting to move in a positive direction....but I guess my question is, and pardon my callousness, but why should the City care about that?

If cab drivers are only needed at night time and on weekends, maybe it needs to be considered a part-time job. It seems like a waste of gas and resources for a cab driver to be driving around half the week just so he can say he has a full-time job.

Knowing that they don't have to work the full week might even make them more efficient. If I know that I'm going to only be working on Fridays-Saturday (and probably make the majority of my pay then anyway), I'm going to find something else to do Sunday to Thursday.
Sorry Bunk, but this is what I don't understand either.

When I have 10 people at my work who say they cannot work on certain days of the week, I start hiring more people.

One of two things happen - people magically become available on those days I was hiring for, because when I start adding bodies it reduces the total number of hours those people were getting.

Or, they do not open up their availability and someone takes a large chunk of their hours.

You may find those day only cabbies (specifically the ones who own their own car), are more open to working nights.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote