View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #31
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
C'mon man.

Scoring one goal at a short tourney is in no way comparable to what Fox did over a full season of college.

"Similar anecdote" ??

No, not similar at all.
What you're ignoring is that Kylington doesn't score an SHL goal if he weren't already too good for Swedish Junior leagues as a 16 year old.

Kylington was an elite player in Junior, in fact his numbers were better than Erik Karlsson's at every level if I'm not mistaken.

But that's still anecdotal. Just like Fox isn't the next Leetch, Kylington isn't the next Karlsson.

Like I said, I hope we can assess what these kids can do with more than lofty one-off comparisions (here's another one for Fox, though, if you love anecdotes - Fox and Werenski are the only PPG freshmen defensemen in the last three decades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
This. Fans are incredibly biased towards stats and relative play to their peers in whatever level of hockey a prospect is playing.
Here's another bias... simplicity.

People love vanilla prospects / NHLers who don't screw up, over flash even if the endgame to the flash is more successful in driving goal differentials.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 08-07-2017 at 04:10 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote