Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Tkachuk (1)
Jankowski - Backlund - Frolik (2)
Versteeg - Bennett - Ferland (3)
Stajan - Lazar - Hathaway (4)
Brouwer / Bouma (5)

(1) It's early, but Tkachuk is a power foward who is great below the hashmarks and on the boards. He's got the skill and creativity to contribute and my hope is that this can be one of the top first lines in the league. It might not happen next year, but Monahan and Gaudreau are entering their primes now and shouldn't need a veteran to help them. I know that Ferland works alright on that line, but I prefer loading up skill to spreading it out.
(2) The 3M line was great, but Backlund and Frolik have done such an excellent job developing players on their line that I would like to see Jankowski move there for a season.
(3) Versteeg won me over at the end of the year and he's a player with enough skill that Bennett isn't being totally forgotten here. Gotta see how the chemistry works out but this would be a line with a lot of edge and a decent amount of talent.
(4) I think that Stajan is probably going to spend his last season with the Flames in and out of the line up. I vastly prefer Hathaway to Chiasson and hopefully Lazar can be effective in a fourth line role until he forces his way up through the line up.
(5) No clue what to do with Brouwer. Hopefully he is taken in the expansion draft... otherwise he represents a problem for the line up. It would be unlikely that they would have him as an extra at his salary. I'd see if Bouma can actually make the team and send him to the minors if he doesn't beat someone out for a spot.

Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Stone
Del Zotto - Andersson (6)
Bartkowski

(6) The team needs an upgrade on Bartkowski, but I figure if Stone re-signs it will be tough to get much of an upgrade. Del Zotto isn't the player that he used to be but he is still playing nearly 20 minutes per game, still playing a pretty physical game with 3.4 hits per game, positive shot attempts (51.24%), and 18 points in 51 games without playing much on the powerplay anymore.

Fleury/Gillies (7)

(7) Would like to see Elliott move on because he is too inconsistent and he was the main reason for the sweep. I like Johnson, but Parsons should be the starter in the AHL and Gillies can start getting work in the NHL. Who knows if Fleury will waive to come to Calgary or not, but the price should be reasonable as they have to move him or buy him out and the contract length is just about right. He's not a perfect option, but he's a legitimate starter who has cup winning experience.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Savvy27 For This Useful Post: