View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 10:49 AM   #1906
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah I'm not criticizing his moderation in the least here and I do respect his opinion. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer here regarding Jankowski but I feel expectations should be tempered as he's only played one game in the NHL and we don't know how long it will take for him to adjust. I just hate how the hype train rolls for young players and when things don't work out according to that script fans start piling on these guys such as what's going on with Bennett right now. Lets not build him up so high so if he doesn't make an immediate difference that fans start tearing it him down. Hope for the best but be reasonable is what I'm saying as if he struggles we can accept it's part of the process rather than label him a bust.
oh, i think there's a lot of people that feel that way (ie tamping down on expectations)... i just think people are kinda "janko'd" out considering how these threads tended to go sideways in the past.

At this point, we'll all find out soon enough... Janko will turn out to be whatever he is, so there's not really a reason to get into a big debate about it anymore.