View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #1903
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah I'm not criticizing his moderation in the least here and I do respect his opinion. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer here regarding Jankowski but I feel expectations should be tempered as he's only played one game in the NHL and we don't know how long it will take for him to adjust. I just hate how the hype train rolls for young players and when things don't work out according to that script fans start piling on these guys such as what's going on with Bennett right now. Lets not build him up so high so if he doesn't make an immediate difference that fans start tearing it him down. Hope for the best but be reasonable is what I'm saying as if he struggles we can accept it's part of the process rather than label him a bust.
This is a good take. I am somewhat concerned Bennett is going down a similar path as Baertschi did with the Flames where the heightened expectations don't match the early results. Jankowski could be in the same boat as the hype is starting to build 5 years after he was drafted. Having said that I am not sure what expectations people have outside of him being a bottom 6 NHL centre next year with a potential ceiling of being a top 6 someday.