View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #6
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
Noting that I am someone whose considers CREB very odd and that Realtors have a terrible commission model which I haven't decided if I believe it works against the public good (i.e. no sliding scale based on home price, hard to sell without one and homes are critical to Canadians), I think your comments are very misguided.

One thing Realtor services seem to have in common is that they don't get paid until a deal goes through, and I am assuming the services Travis is posting would be the same. He seems to be offering to talk to people for free about their options and hoping his services will be able to help a portion of them.

There is nothing wrong in the world from profiting from helping people, that is a huge difference from taking advantage of people from helping them. The two are not necessary the same, and the line doesn't even have to be grey. If I am employed by the Red Cross, Mustard Seed, DI, etc and receive a pay check, should I feel guilty? There are payed people at all those organizations I believe. Travis is hardly working for a non-profit, so I admit it isn't a fair comparison and maybe insulting to the people who work at those places, but I think my analogy is closer than yours.

Travis, I would find it very odd if you felt inclined to thank this post considering my first paragraph.
I never feel inclined to like a post but appreciate you understanding the intent of my original post.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com