Thread: Newfoundland
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Hans Landa
Self Lifetime Suspended

Exp:

Don't worry about tourists in Newfoundland. Go in June if you can swing it.

I rode the entire west coast from Port Aux Basque to St. Anthony, smack in the middle of July in 2007, on a motorcycle.

Spent a flawless sunny day treating Gros Morne National Park like it was my own personal race track and that's exactly what it was... it was pretty much empty, with the exception of the parking lot to the trail head to Western Brook Pond.

Not sure what it's like on the east coat, never been.

I grew up in Cape Breton and somehow didn't make it to Newfoundland until after I moved to Ontario. Always holding CB so high, I actually demoted my homeland to 2nd place after visiting Newfoundland. That province is beautiful.

I do love the Alberta Rockies, but, to me, it's always hard to beat a landscape that has a raging salt water sea surrounding it.

Fly into Corner Brook and stick to the West Coast (Gros Morne) if you only have 4-5 days. If you're base camping Everest, I'm assuming you like the outdoors. There won't be anyone around. If Newfoundland is a 'dream trip', then I'd ride out the expiry of her prize and go at a time when you can give the entire province a good 2 weeks of your time to soak it all in and experience it's un-rushed charm.
Hans Landa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hans Landa For This Useful Post: