View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #219
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
In your scenario think of the first yr bantam kid trying out for quadrant hockey, and he goes to tryouts and immediately gets blown up. Based on what I have seen in minor hockey this far, the size differential seems to be the greatest at bantam.

I agree with Mattyc, even though that lady from the u of c has a mittful of data to say we wrong
I know that this is the biggest argument from the "pro hitting" crowd. Should these kids even really be trying out for AAA hockey? If they can't handle try outs they will not be able to handle a full year of it, but that is a call the parents sneed to make. It's the same kid getting smoked at bantam try outs or pee wee evaluations, experts say that 11-12 yr olds are more susceptible to injury and concussions then a 13-14 yr old. But like I said earlier, it is all moot as there will be no contact in minor hockey within 10 years.

I also want to say that down here in Lethbridge, there are 9 first year bantams on the AAA team,of course none of them played contact last year. Smart hockey players who know to keep there heads up, some of them are pretty small to, but they are doing just fine against all the older, bigger teams.