View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #60
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Figured I'd post my experience a few years ago from my purchase.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=127818

Essentially, used Car Cost Canada to get cost value and find any incentives that were being offered. Offered cost + tax, settled at cost + 3% (which most dealers will accept). Negotiated a few add ons within reason. Keep in mind, parts and sales are essentially two COMPLETELY different entities in a dealer. So even though you are negotiating for add ons (floor mats, etc), the sales people have to negotiate with the parts department, or already know what the parts department can do.

I forgot to add to my original post on this, but they tried to do an 11th hour change on us when we were going to sign (add document costs and few others, essentially adding 200-300 bucks more). While not the end of the world, we were pretty ticked at that. The finance manager started asking if we were willing to let the deal fall apart on such small things. I got up and told them to pound sand, and I would take my business to another dealer who has more integrity. Before I was able to walk out the door, they reluctantly took it off and I signed for the original amount.

Moral of the story, as I've said previously in this thread, be prepared to walk away for even $1 more than you were prepared to pay for. If they can agree on the price before, then there is ZERO reason they can't after.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote