View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #129
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Of course, USA hockey has only that option (which includes finding a new team or not icing one) and paying them more.

They should realistically do either one or the other, but USA Hockey's decision ultimately has no bearing on the validity of these athletes' issues with the way the sport is being run.

If USA Hockey is indeed under-funding this program, the issue will occur repeatedly throughout the future. So it's up to USA Hockey to ask whether they think it's a wide-reaching issue, or whether it's just this small specific group of athletes.

And yeah, it is pretty simple on the athletes' part. Fund the team better, or find a solution that doesn't involve this team. This isn't exactly last minute, either, they have been in negotiations for months (maybe a year?) already.

All good points.

I think its really easy for me at least to just look at the numbers and dismiss the demands.

I would hope for equallity in the work place, but I really wonder if this is a work place or lifestyle choice. Also its pretty easy for ppl that struggle to look at how well these athetes do live and dismiss this as entitlement or in my case a possible millennial attitudes (and yes I realise that the leaders are not millennials).

Last edited by Moneyhands23; 03-17-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote