View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #33
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Firstly bolded, perhaps they don't have the skillset to actually sell the products on their merits, and just want to take the path of least resistance and game the system, as opposed to earn the sale with information. I have seen this in my field, where guys would try and use every slimy trick in the book to sell a warranty or accident and health policy, where as a simple conversation and fact finding session would have netted you an equal result, and a sale. It just might take a little longer.

As to the second bolded part, it is relevant. It says a lot about society if there is an endless stream of people willing to break the law to earn an extra $500 a month.
Oh I totally agree with your first part. Most people don't have the skillset. But at the end of the day, if the employer doesn't give a crap about the client, then neither will the employees.

I'm sure you've seen this in your line of work, pylon. A manager will jump through hoops to try and justify why a client should have taken the "extras", even if it is totally unnecessary and not in the client's best interests, the stuff that really makes them $$ because the margins on the core products are so low. The mental gymnastics that managers will go through to justify supporting totally unnecessary sales is hilarious. And they do it all to avoid looking slimy themselves and to avoid any culpability if the employee is caught doing it. When the employee succeeds, the manager gets credit for their sales acumen and training. When the employee fails, the manager fires them saying they aren't buying into the process and don't believe in what's best for the customer, when in reality it is the exact opposite.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote