View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #1275
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Redknapp also revealed Levy has promised to spend big this summer in an effort to convince him to turn down the England job.
Other than Hazard, Redknapp wants Marseille striker Loic Remy and Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen in a summer spree that could cost £60m. Tottenham will also enquire about Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.

“Hazard’s a player on our list,” said Redknapp, whose team face Bolton in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup today. “He’s a player we like. It’s one the chairman will deal with and he will tell you if we are close or a million miles away.
“I watched him last year about three times and I’ve watched him this year a couple of times. I do like him, he’s a good lad. For sure, he’s on our list. There are other clubs in for him, Manchester United as well.”

“Hazard would cost a lot, but Daniel would compete at that level,” said Redknapp. “We haven’t spent this money before, but now you have to keep pushing on and the club would do the deal if we come up with the right targets.
“Of course, that is attractive to me as well. It’s good we can compete for top players. That’s what we want. The chairman is ambitious, we all are.”
I like that Remy, Hazard, and Vertonghen are targets

the Theo thing is out of left field, it's a story from a guy who usually covers Arsenal as well which is weird