View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #552
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Freeway, I agree with most of your assessments. There's just a couple I respectfully disagree with.

I don't know that Breen has been sheltered. He's on the top D pairing for the penalty kill and is a significant reason that the Heat have the 2nd best PK in the league.

Regarding Desbiens, he's a bit of a frustrating player. As I've said earlier in the season, the Desbiens that plays in the AHL is nothing like the Desbiens that plays in the NHL. The NHL Desbiens is tenacious, very physical, doesn't quit on any play, and FIGHTS! The AHL Desbiens is barely noticeable out there. He still hits and plays tenaciously, but nowhere near the level he does in the NHL and he doesn't fight! He's only fought 9 times this season in the AHL, but has fought 5 times in only 10 games in the NHL. I just have this feeling that Desbiens looks more comfortable at the NHL level than the AHL. Since I doubt he'll get a spot on the fourth line next season, it wouldn't bother me if he wasn't re-signed, but wouldn't bother me if he was.

I'm a fan of PL3's. I want him to stay in the organization, whether it's with the Flames or with the Heat. By all indications he's a really big "team first" type of guy. He makes no qualms about fighting at any point, but at the same time doesn't hurt his team either. I don't know if this was previously on PL3's resume, but he's a real pest. That may be something he's just adopted this year and he's very good at it. Personally, I hope they keep him just to have a true fighter in the organization.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post: