View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #547
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forwards
  • Krys Kolanos: 30 goals, 61 points in 47 games - the Piskula of the forwards. Probably not ready for NHL minutes, but he was fine in call-ups to Calgary and is a great asset for the farm club.
  • Ben Walter: 18 goals, 58 points in 75 games - very strong season. A little bit surprised he didn't get recalled.
  • Dustin Sylvester: 15 goals, 35 points in 64 games - AHL deal. Should be converted to an NHL contract. Very strong, particularly once he got used to the style of play in the league. A tad small, though.
  • Jon Rheault: 16 goals, 33 points in 47 games - AHL deal. Still fairly young (26), really clicked this year. Needs to stay healthy, but should get consideration for an NHL deal.
  • Greg Nemisz: 13 goals, 29 points in 51 games - played perfectly well. Learning to use his size. Needs to figure out what kind of player he is, though. (Think of Bouma as a comparison.)
  • Quintin Laing: 11 goals, 22 points in 58 games - AHL deal. Perfectly fine year for the captain. Unlikely to get NHL deal due to his age, but good presence on the team.
  • Paul Byron: 7 goals, 21 points in 39 games - bounced between Calgary and Abby, but played well. Great speed and learning to work around the size of other players.
  • Adam Estoclet: 5 goals, 15 points in 25 games - AHL deal. Likely a candidate for a full-time AHL gig next year. Very surprising addition late in the year, but very useful.
  • Akim "The Dream" Aliu: 10 goals, 14 points in 42 games - If he can stay on track, a potential top-six guy in Abbotsford next year. But in tough for call-ups to Calgary.
  • Guillaume Desbiens: 3 goals, 11 points in 59 games - Heart and soul guy. I'd be fine with him getting re-upped.
  • Carter Bancks: 2 goals, 10 points in 55 games - I'm a fan of his. But he's got to stay healthy. But his style of play makes it very, very hard to do that.
  • Ryan Howse: 6 goals, 9 points in 39 games - Needs to stay in shape (now that he's in shape), but finally seemed to get on track near the end of the year.
  • Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond: 1 goal, 6 points in 50 games - Likely gone at the end of the year (and I think Desbiens was better at the role), but a steady, physical vet.
  • Gaelan Patterson: 1 goal, 6 points in 56 games - I have nothing constructive to say about him. (Nothing positive or negative, as I saw very little of him.)
  • Roman Horak: 2 goals, 4 points in 14 games - I like Horak. Poised and smart with the puck.
  • Max "Power" Reinhart: 2 goals, 2 points in 1 game - One really good game.
  • Justin Dowling: 1 goal, 2 points in 27 games - AHL deal. Point-per-game in the ECHL, but bottom-six guy in the AHL. Unsure as to his upside.
  • David Eddy: 1 goal, 1 point in 4 games - Seemed fine.
  • John Armstrong: 1 goal, 1 point in 17 games - AHL deal. Gone.
  • Logan MacMillan: 1 point in 7 games - Gone.
  • Raitis Ivanans: 2 goals, 5 points in 27 games - Not much upside, but perfectly fine in his role.
  • Turner Elson: 0 points in 1 game - Nothing to say. Needs more games.
  • Mitch Wahl: 0 points in 5 games - Bounced all over the place. Great hands and seemed great in the ECHL, but not sure why that swagger wasn't there in the AHL. Heading into last year of his ELC, needs to take a step forward.
  • Stefan Meyer: 0 points in 6 games - Gone.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman

Last edited by Freeway; 04-15-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post: