View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #514
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Thankfully it does eventually get easier, but it's such a powerful bond and it will take you a while to get used to your place without her. There will be "her" places where you'll absent mindedly check for a long time and it'll probably be another kick in the balls every time... hell a year later and I still get choked up about my dog from time to time.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. And Old Yeller, ya I'm going through this right now. I keep leaving the bedroom door open a crack at night so she can get in without even thinking about it. It's funny, as I thought seeing her little cat post and collar in the main room where she spent her day looking out the window would set me off, but it surprisingly didn't. Instead, it's when I went to the basement last night to do laundry and seeing her still dirty litter box of all things (I haven't cleaned it since the day before she went) that set me off. Just keep expecting to see her when I get home, I keep forgetting she's gone.

So glad I didn't go to work yesterday, I was a mess all day. I'm handling this so much worse than I thought I would, considering how much time I had to prepare for this, and how old and sick she was. I hate being this emotionally open right now, generally I'm such an emotionally unavailable, sarcastic person, before this I honestly don't think I've cried in over a decade 1. I feel like Jerry Seinfeld when his gf teaches him to show his feelings; "What is this salty discharge??" Hopefully it gets better soon, can't even handle being alone right now.

I have a week off next week, was originally planning on a nice staycation, but I actually think I'm gonna take off to B.C. and visit my folks or something. Just need to get away from our place for awhile, memories everywhere. Big respect to those of you who had to go through this process alone, I couldn't do it.

Last edited by Sainters7; 08-21-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: