View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #511
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I think the hardest part tonight wasn't when I felt her go in my arms as they injected the needles, but rather it was afterwards, with me setting her on the table, seeing her little ears sticking out of the towel we had her wrapped up in, and then walking out the door and just leaving her there. Just felt so wrong (but I know it wasn't).
I had the exact same feelings when I lost my dog to cancer almost a year ago. I think with the complete range of intense emotions you go through when your pet is nearing the end, it's just tough to process anything rational/logical and nothing really makes sense.

Thankfully it does eventually get easier, but it's such a powerful bond and it will take you a while to get used to your place without her. There will be "her" places where you'll absent mindedly check for a long time and it'll probably be another kick in the balls every time... hell a year later and I still get choked up about my dog from time to time.

CP really is full of a lot of animal loving sucks that have gone through similar experiences... I hate this thread getting bumped but it's therapeutic for sure.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post: