View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #510
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks guys, it's appreciated. We knew she had been on "death row" for over a week now, and I had perused through this thread a few times in the days leading up to it - for comfort and just general advice by those who had gone through it - and in that time I didn't think I'd end up writing a farewell post about her in here. But once the time finally came, there's just something cathartic about sharing it with others who understand. This morning was a kick in the balls, as last night I was under the influence of a sleeping pill when she hit the end (to the point where my girlfriend had to drive us to the vet), so I was a little desensitized throughout the process. But this morning it hit me hard.

Actually that was one thing that was funny about when she went last night, that helped give us a chuckle through the pain, it was such a Maggie way to go. She always had the absolute worst timing, she was famous for it in our household. e.g. we liked letting her in the back yard in the morning for a few minutes before we left for work. Only she'd usually show no interest in wanting to go out there until we were just going out the door when it was too late, then she'd start meowing to want to go out at the back door. She also loved laying on her back and getting chest rubs for like a half hour straight (the ultimate sign of a "B-type" personality cat). You could be watching a movie for 2hrs, perfect chest rub time, but she wouldn't come over for one until the end credits were rolling and you were about to get up. So her body finally giving out and telling us she was at the end at 11pm on a work night, when my girlfriend's sound asleep, and I'm 10 min from it as well and having my sleeping pill just starting to kick in hard, was just such a Maggie way to go. Terrible timing, right to the very end. We shared a laugh on the drive home through tears about that.

I'll close by just saying I'm really glad this thread exists. Not only for comfort, but I received a lot of valuable advice that helped while reading through it. This thread is the reason why I chose to hold her in my arms when she went, and the reason I ordered a paw print from the vet, I didn't even know this existed before. CP really is a big family.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: