View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:25 AM   #505
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

After battling kidney failure and multiple UTI's the last few months, I said goodbye to my 16 year old black cat Maggie tonight, after yet another bout flared up around 11pm this evening (her kidneys had almost completely shut down by this point as well). She stopped eating almost a week ago, and was a shell of her former self the last few days. She had basically been gone for over a week now.

It's my first time going through this as the principal pet owner, and for me, I think the hardest part tonight wasn't when I felt her go in my arms as they injected the needles, but rather it was afterwards, with me setting her on the table, seeing her little ears sticking out of the towel we had her wrapped up in, and then walking out the door and just leaving her there. Just felt so wrong (but I know it wasn't).

She was such a patient, good natured, gentle little soul. You could give her pills no problem, she wouldn't even fuss, just took em like a champ. Even if I missed getting it right down the hatch and it ended up on the front of her tongue, she'd shoot it back and swallow it herself. Never seen a cat do that before. She was a good girl, I will miss her very much. Goodbye Maggie, you're not in pain anymore.

Last edited by Sainters7; 08-20-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: