View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 05:15 PM   #64
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've been to Maui 6 or 7 times over the years. It's my favorite place in the world. I have stayed in a few different areas, but I found the best place/way for doing it all, and kinda being smack dab in the middle is renting a condo in Kihei. Kinda close to all the good stuff. If you Golf, Wailea has some of the most amazing courses you've ever seen. And if you go to Maui Golf Shop early in the morning, they will have super discounted tee-times for that day. Like you play $300-400/round courses, for $100-150.

I'll echo doing the road to Hana, however, rent a Jeep and keep going. Most people turn around at Hana, but if you have a Wrangler, you can wrap right around the Island. It's frikking amazing. The rental/insurance company will tell you you aren't covered past Hana, but you only live once. I've done it 3 times now without incident, just take your time in a few areas. Next time we go to Maui, we are renting a Jeep, and we're gonna camp on that side of the Island.

Hit the Costco near the airport on your way to whatever place your staying at and enjoy.

Lastly, if you do Maui, DO NOT miss your opportunity to go to Mamas Fish House if you have enough time to make the reservation. Easily in the top 3 dining experiences in my life.

https://mamasfishhouse.com/
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote