View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #1314
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Continuing my Journey through older stuff. In the 80's I absolutely listened to the harder stuff. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Ozzy. But I had a dark secret that I hid from my friends, because they'd never ever understand.

One of what I thought was the most talented and amazing bands that never ever had the success that they should have had and had a short life span. But they had a unique sound at the time that was tough to ignore with a mixture of pop/punk/country and blue grass revivial. I loved this band, and never got to see them live, though I did get to see Maria Mckee years later and she was amazing live.

But every once in a while, when I'm driving home from a bad day, or a long day, or if its Calgary Stampeded time, I'll fire this band up.

I'll even pull out my guitar once in a while and play the openers for "I found Love", or "Shelter" or "ways to be wicked".

I love Shelter because the background music is really strong and really helps McKee's voice which I would class a soft smokey

Sweet, Sweet Baby is just a fun song and its simple.

I found love, another fun fusion song that works really well in a bar setting. Or on a long drive with a cigarette hanging out the window.

Ways to be wicked which would be classed as their signature song.

Just as a bonus, this is a interview with Maria McKee where she talks about the break up of Lone Justice.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: