View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #388
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
If you aren't using a algorithm with instantaneous data and automated trades aren't you far behind the groups that do this professionally. (Unless you of course run one of these groups). But for the individual investor aren't you just to far behind the information coming in?
Not really. It's all in real time via Trade Station which is plenty fast for me. Automated trades are possible for US citizens on TS but not really necessary for me. Algorithmic trading sounds like those flash boys types of high frequency traders but it's not like that. It's really just trading that is governed by a set of rules programmed into a computer and when the market meets those conditions it gives you a trade signal. It doesn't rely on speed of trades. Usually a two minute chart is what I work off of but I'm working on a 30 second chart strategy for the first few minutes of the day. The conditions I look for take several minutes to develop. Some strategies I only enter after the first 52 minutes of the trading day. Some strategies are even for over night holds or swing trades. It's generally the same conditions but different time frames on the charts.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: