View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #22
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I have just over 10 feet and wish I had an extra foot or two for a kick Ass lift. Unfortunately I don't think my slab is adequate for a big lift anyways. Regarding the slab/floor, one thing that I would recommend would be to put a channel down the middle for drainage and have the slab slope slightly into that channel. In the winter on really snowy days it can become a huge mess in the garage if you bring in a couple vehicles that are snow covered. I've resorted to brushing off heavy snow from my vehicles before parking them which can suck when it is cold outside.
Interesting idea, but I have read you can't do that in Calgary without tying into the sewage system. Going tall would be nice, but I don't want to shade to much of the yard. I don't ever plan on putting a lift in, but 9" ceilings with the scissor truss should give me enough height to manoeuvre 4x8 sheets of wood.

I'll also be putting in skylights, as I can't put a window in on the property line side.

Planning just gave me an email address for my alley grade question, so I'll have to wait on that...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote