View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #19
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
Pick-up Frommer's "24 walks in New York" book. My wife and I did this during one of our visits. Each walk starts at a particular subway station, lasts anywhere between 30min - 2hrs, and points out some great buildings, spots and sights that you may never see on your own. (If you want to borrow the book, PM me).

There's a TKTS booth by the South Street Seaport. Look it up on Google maps. Much less crowded than Times Square and you'll find the same tickets available. If you have an iPhone, download the TKTS app. It will save you some time.

Hell's Kitchen has some great restaurants. Italian, Greek, Chinese, Indian etc. very reasonable and authentic.

Take the ferry across the Hudson to Jersey City. You can walk the boardwalk and enjoy great views of Manhattan. Round trip (from memory) is about $10-12??

You won't get SNL tickets. They typically sell out the season well in advance. You can lineup for dress rehearsal tickets, but probably want to spend your time more wisely.
Tickets pop up on craigslist occasionally, I've never gone after them though so no idea if they're legit.

I might have to look into that book, there's probably a ton of stuff I walk by every day and have no idea as to its significance.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
JBR