View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default Does Salsa Go Bad?

If so, when? There is a jar in the back of my fridge that has sat there for ~4 months. I haven't opened it since christmas. I grabbed it to add to some eggs I was making, but out of habit, I shook the jar. I realized afterward that that would disguise any nasty stuff. Now I'm scared to eat this salsa, but throwing it out would be a shame because I always forget to buy the stuff because it is in the chip aisle and I never go down that aisle.
So WTF? Can I eat it? Afterall, it is vegetables. Veggies don't last longer than a week, right? Except potatoes or carrots or something. There is no best before date, but I'm not convinced. Ever since the time my ex g/f made me a sandwich with green meat that she somehow didn't notice (or did she?) I'm a fridge nazi. Poor people in africa would probably plot my death if they knew what I threw out because I'm unsure of. As a matter of fact, even if every reply to this post tells me that the salsa is ok, I'll still never eat it. I'll only keep it for friends (assuming that it is good). Or maybe not. Decisions, decisions.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote