View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #45
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
I don't think of myself as extreme anything unless being right is extreme. I've voted right and left depending on the circumstance.

Who said anything about helping the 3rd world nations? I'm trying to protect local jobs and our own economy by buying Canadian when it's reasonable and getting a better quality product. The 3rd world nations would probably do very well if we didn't conspire against them. In Africa [not that this is their only problem but] you can buy a chicken raised in France cheaper than a locally grown one because of the trade agreements and subsidies. I've posted links about this before but nobody bothered to read them.
From an economics perspective you strike me as very extreme left. And the extreme's left or right are the one's who know they are right when everyone else is inferior to them and simply can't learn what you know.

Your first post was about how sweatshops EXPLOIT 3rd world workers. What I've been saying is that your version of expoloitation is simply those workers best option. Not very nice, but very very accurate. And that's not the producer's fault.

I like how your arguement has shifted though from one of expoloitation to one of "I'm trying to protect local jobs".

BTW in my experience there is a strong correlation between people who know it all and are frustrated by those who can't learn from them, and those that can effectively 'shift' their viewpoint when convenient. It becomes a game of whack a mole where you dip and dodge your way around so you never feel like you were wrong about anything.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote